Mental Health Wellness Week
What is Mental Health Wellness Week?
A national public campaign on mental health wellness which will:
- Promote mental health wellness and the benefits to both the mind and body
- Promote the benefits of mental health wellness
- Educate communities on how to implement mental health wellness into their lives
- Encourage communities to facilitate programs centered on mental health wellness during the week
- Make resources available to communities/potential audiences to be used in the promotion of a mental health wellness project/event
About Mental Health Wellness Week
During Mental Health Wellness Week, hundreds of organizations throughtout the United States will host events, programs and workshops designed to meet the unique needs of their loal communities.
If you choose to charge for your event, we encourage you to make your program a fundraising even for a local charity or mental health clinic of your choice. This way, you will be supporting your community and changing lives.
With your support and participation from November 16 - 22, 2014, thousands of Americas across the country - the young and the old, mentally ill and mentally fit, will discover, rediscover or continue their journey on the road to lasting mental wellness through your event.
Mental Health Wellness Week was created by Freedom From Fear, a national non-profit mental health advocacy organization. Founded in 1984, Freedom From Fear has developed and implemented a variety of similar, successful public education programs centered on mental health concerns such as National Anxiety and Depression Awareness Week which takes place the first week in May and has been a success since its inception in 1994.
It's Easy to Participate
Mental Health Wellness Week is your opportunity to help raise awareness and change lives. You don't have to be a mental health professional, have a big budget or be an event planner to host an event.